Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Unforgettable


After a few phone calls from some of you...and a couple of emails...I wanted to put a small disclaimer in regarding a couple of things.
First, my husband read the previous posting and pointed out to me, that although he loved it....it was NOT a brief posting. I said that I would keep them brief, and I didn't. I am sorry. I will do better in the future.
Second, when I say that we are living in and with an empty house....we DO still have a few things. We are not lying on the floor to sleep, or eating our meals off from the kitchen countertops. We are taking our new dining room set to Vegas with us. AND we have pre-sold our bedroom furniture to someone that knows that we will need it for a couple more months. We kept a full-size bed for Alex to sleep on too. He will get that when we leave. AND, we spend lots of time at our desks in the office/basement and we each have a desk and a chair there.
Third, if you have given us/me something that was homemade or made especially for us...we are taking it with us to Vegas. Examples: my beloved flamingo from Jerilyn, the antique green medicine cabinet from my brother Bob, the "Home Sweet Home" plaque from Alene and Bernie, the TV tray set from my brother Bart, the set of three oriental pictures that Jane made for me (they are so cool, she actually went and bought a newspaper from China and made three framed pictures...and although my colors in the new house are no longer red/black/jungle....I am still keeping them!), the gorgeous oriental piece of framed artwork from my good friend Carol in California, and a great glitzy girl hanger that my crazy friend Karen bought for me a couple of years back (OH and the set of 4 Leopard Martini glasses from her as well)!
See, I am actually taking a bunch of my favorite pieces. We figure that we will have the smallest amount of space needed on a moving van. Less than 2000 pounds.
I actually love so many of these things and want them with me...to remember all of you....like I could ever forget you.
Unforgettable.
xoxo Wendy

No comments: