Tuesday, December 9, 2008

If I could give you a gift....

...it would be to wish you peace. Calm. Quiet. Chaos-free.

When the holiday season approaches, I watch with amazement people hurrying about. Frantic. Trying to fit everything in. Stress.

I will keep this short.

One of my dear friends said to me last week..."I am more excited about this upcoming holiday season than ever!"

What is most extraordinary is that they don't have the finances this year to be doling out gifts to all of their family and friends. They will probably be foreclosing on their home, having to sell a business and looking for other means of making a living.

When I asked her why this will be the greatest she simply said, "I am going to just enjoy spending time with my friends and my family."

Yes. Simple. Peaceful. Calm.

I think this was the meaning all along.

My gift to you...peace.

xoxo Wendy

1 comment:

Jane said...

I'm just saying....it's time! We need to hear your wonderful "voice" again.