Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dragging me....kicking and screaming...into NOW!

Jane Jane Jane! Here it is, my friend. Finally. You have worn me down. Here is the blog that you have told me repeatedly to start.

My friend Jane has been in my life, and my heart, for more than 24 years. We know this because it is her daughter Katie's 24th birthday next week. I met Jane just before she was pregnant with that bundle. We have remained the closest of friends, sharing many fits of laughter, traveling experiences, boyfriends/husbands (me), theater, music and just the best of times together.

Jane has a blog....please go to her blog...and when I figure out what the heck I am doing here, I will give you the hook-up for hers. Jane has been on a mission for me to start one of my own. She was here overnight last night, and this morning at breakfast I finally conceded (in my own mind at least) that I was going to start one. I did not tell Jane this. Yet. Jane even named this for me. I'M JUST SAYIN. Which seems to be perfect for me.

So....if you love this (eventually) thank Jane. If you don't...blame her. There. That being said....awaaaaaay we go!

I love you Jane...like a sister. Although I have never had a sister, wanted a sister or thought that I needed a sister....I do need you and love you and you are wanted beyond your wildest imagination.

xoxo Wendy

8 comments:

Jane said...

Kick and scream away my friend, we are going to have so much fun with your blog! You touch my heart with your kind words. Thank you

Katie said...

yay for joining the blogosphere!!! i was going to vote, but you didn't have an all of the above option (and me being the med student that i am, now have to cite this question for review... just kidding).

love you wendy!!!

Lori Lu said...

Wow - I've never been on a blog before. I've never even seen one. Aren't you excited that you are my first?! How very interesting this is. You are so fun ! I have to go figure out how this works. Love you ;)

Ms. Perkins said...

I can't believe that you are encouraging comments from me/us. That's dangerous! Hey - is Jane "cooler" than you? If so I could use a sister too. Wendy - you have inspired me since I met you and I thank God for you and what He has called you to do! So get to it "see-ster". Lovin' you . . . Ms. Perkins!

miss robin said...

Hi Wendy,

So nice to "see you". I have thought about doing this myself, but like you until now, have not taken that step.... Neat to see that you have! :O)

Jane said...

Holy Moley Batman! 5 comments on your first blog entry!!! Off to a stupendous start.
Thank you Wendyfriends for all your support.
And yes, ms. perkins I AM every bit as cool as Wendy :)How's that for false modesty? Hope to see you on my blog too.

PhotoChick said...

Yet another notch on the Rockn' resume!
I will be checkn' so you best be bloggn'.
Miss ya, Wendy!

Cristine Baetz
www.cristinescamera.com

lynn said...

Wendy,
I love the way you think! When I grow up I want to be just like you! Thank you for your continuing support. You are the best!
Lynn